Is Dreamweaver a good development tool? Find out what a Dreamweaver Expert has to say about the pros and cons of Dreamweaver.
1. Code Highlighting helps you quickly scan your code as well as spot any errors
2. Code Suggestion is a really helpful feature especially when writing CSS
3. Code and Design View - you can see what your code is crafting
4. Code Validation and Accessibility Checks
5. Properties Bar & Insert Images
6. Site Wide Find and Replace can save you hours of time
7. File Manager turns the programmer into much more than just a code editor
8. Dreamweaver Templates to create sites without having to learn a language such as php.
9. Tabs and Connected Files
10. New Exciting Things with CS5 - No more browser headaches with Browser Lab
Here are the pros and cons of Dreamweaver
1. Confusing Interface
2. Steep Learning Curve - Learning Dreamweaver for the first time can be really difficult
3. The WYSIWIG lies - you can not trust what you see in the WYSIWIG, it is not a browser
4. Bulky Dynamic Code - the code that it creates are overly complicated.
5. Badly Written Code Snippets
6. Undefined CSS Styling (pre CS4)
7. Not in Full Control of your Code - By only using the Design view people often end up with messy bloated code
8. Only 10% of the full functionality is actually useful
9. Dreamweaver can make you a lazy designer if you are not careful
10. Dreamweaver is expensive
Are you looking for a Dreamweaver Expert to help you make changes to your current website? We offer professional Dreamweaver solutions for local companies as well as customers around the country.We have various satisfied customers in the Portland/Vancouver area who regular employ our fast and friendly service. Please contact us if you need help making changes to your Dreamweaver site.